04 October, 2013

There Was Sewing


While I was away I spent 4 days at the Pictou Lodge with the Mayflowers Quilter Retreat. Three straight days of sewing in log cabins! All meals made for us, cozy cabins with ocean views, and an amazing group of women.

I taught my Improvisational Piecing class. With a three days in front of us we were able to spend a day on techniques and exercises, then each student got the chance to run with it. Everyone started with an idea and some fabric then went to play. And play they did! Seventeen students and seventeen different projects. I love them all!

Thank you so much to all my students and the Mayflower ladies for a great time. I am totally inspired by you all.


















And way up at the top there? That great lady was making her first quilt for herself after fifteen years of quilting. The pink and purple blocks are hers. Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

5 comments:

Leanne said...

What a talented bunch of students and the whole time sounds wonderful.

Julierose said...

Oh what great improv pieces--love love love that strippy 1st one on the post! I have SO many strips hanging out--yikes, aNOTHER addition to my "to-do" list!! Wish I could have attended...hugs, Julierose

Suzanne said...

What a great getaway!

Andrea said...

they are all so lovely and unique. My favourite (in case someone wanted to know LOL) is the one with the pinwheel effect. Looks like it was a dreamy business trip. I think I could handle that kind of work for sure!

Gramma Quilter said...

Glad you had fun in NS. I am sure the ladies appreciated the skills you taught them! PL is about a half hour drive from where it live. The weather here this fall has been stellar.