02 July, 2013

Decisions, decisions...


Just a bit left to quilt on that giant beast of a quilt. I was at a fabric store the other day and couldn't resist pulling a few new selections for binding choices. Of course, I didn't have the quilt with me, but I think I did okay for what I had in my head.

Contrast or blending?

The entire quilt is red, pink, and orange, with those white Xs. You can see the backing fabric below. That's where the blue/navy came from.



I had a navy binding in my head but couldn't find what I wanted. But maybe one of these works? Or maybe I need to go shopping again? Thoughts?



17 comments:

Cheryl said...

I rather like the blue stripey. Also, slabs went in the mail today!!

S said...

I really like the blue stripe it goes with the front and back

Spolgarquilts.wordpress.com

Arita said...

I like the blue diamond fabric....it looks like it has a bit of green in it.

Leanne said...

I like the strip but a navy linen would also be wonderful.

daveandlo said...

Shopping is always good, but I like the red/purple (twigs?) I love to do bindings on the bias with stripes. Lois

Jody said...

Definitely the stripes:)

Dawn said...

I would go with a two sided binding. The mauve/red stripe on the front and the blue diamond on the back. Two sided is quite easy and folds over very nicely to be sewn down. But I'm sure know that without my telling you. Can't wait to see the finish! :)

Kris P said...

I like the blue stripe on the far right.

Mary said...

Solid navy or navy/white stripe cut diagonally

Jude said...

I would go with the red purpley stripe for sure....it matches the front and the contrast on the back will be killer. It was a perfect choice! Enjoy your blog so much!

Anonymous said...

I would do the red purple one or purchase the navy. I like that idea as well. Kimberly. I can't wait to see pictures of the finished quilt!

The AfterCraft said...

Yup red one or a navy.

Dianne said...

I like the navy and white one it echos the white crosses in the quilt and coordinates beautifully with the orange and pink

Anonymous said...

I think the blue stripe looks awesome on the front but not as good with the back. The red one looks great with both.

Allison said...

Oooh - a vote for the blue diamond!

Linda R said...

I like the red stripe one.

Andrea said...

blue stripe!