16 November, 2012

Friday Favourites: Hang-It-All and New Boots


Our little old house does not have a front (or back) closet. Oh yeah, we don't really have an entrance either. You just walk into our living room. That means shoes and coats and all the detritus of living in a cold climate are often scattered throughout the room.

In an effort to get the front entrance a bit more organized I bought this long lusted after Eames Hang-It-All. It really is a fun piece and oh so practical. Actually, too practical. It is generally covered in coats. So much so that you can't actually see it. I can't complain though, it is getting used and that certainly helps. I did clean it up for this photo and removed 5 jackets belonging to the girls and one belonging to Hubby. And this was before the snowpants returned.

I also wanted to share my sexy new boots. Vanessa was doing a giveaway the other day and sent so many folks here (Welcome new friends!). In jest she told people to tell me I had great calves. Well thank-you Vanessa and those of you who did just that. I'm pretty happy with my calves these days.

Despite no exercise other than the walks to and from school these days (That leash in the photo doesn't get used because the dog is too old.) I've managed to get back to pre-pregnancy weight plus a little bit. Just with careful eating. That gets me halfway to my goal weight loss. So, a few weeks ago, I decided to treat myself to some new clothes and shoes. And these sexy boots came home with me. Hells yeah!

7 comments:

Lysa said...

Okay that is a pretty awesome coat rack!

Erin Quinn said...

Congrats on your weightloss. No wonder your calves look fabulous. And fabulous legs deserve fabulous boots.
E

Erin Quinn said...

Congrats on your weightloss. No wonder your calves look fabulous. And fabulous legs deserve fabulous boots.
E

CarlyMaria said...

before I even noticed the hooks I though "damn, nice boots"! And then I read the post haha... That coat hanger is pretty awesome though!

Amanda Jean said...

I'm glad you broke down and bought something long awaited for your non entrance-less house. it feels good to pick that one right piece rather than to settle for something "meh", doesn't it? (something I am terrible at but I'm almost always happy when I do.)

Btw, nice boots!

sulu-design said...

Where are people viewing your calves these days? :)
We asked for and received a Hang-It-All (in black and walnut) for Christmas last year and we LOVE it, too. We're in the same boat - no entryway, no closet, and I love the way the Hang-It-All keeps the space near our door tidy. But I do make Barry transfer jackets to our clothing closet if he hasn't worn them for a few days so that the pretty rack actually gets to peek out a bit.

Blogger said...

With bistroMD you can rest assured that not only will you get gourmet entrees, but that every meal and every day in bistroMD's weight loss programs is balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform that helps promote an healthy diet.

STEP 1 - Select one of the diet plans for 5 or 7 days of entrees.
STEP 2 - See your menu before ordering and pick the entrees you prefer for each day and week.
STEP 3 - Order your diet plan.
STEP 4 - Your entrees are delivered to your door.

GET STARTED NOW - delivered to your home.