09 January, 2012

Important Letters


This is a fun little project I've got going on these days. I took some scraps and made letters. Put those letters on white et voila! I can't wait to share this one, but I need to wait as the recipient may be reading...

I'd volunteered to make the quilt for her after a tragic event. Another friend gave me some fabric and it languished. Lack of a clear vision kept me from moving forward. Then, one night, I had a dream. Pregnancy dreams are always quite vivid. And for once it wasn't a nightmare or something completely messed up. I dreamt this quilt. Hormones for good!

While I didn't follow it directly when it came to constructing mine, Elizabeth Hartman has a great tutorial here for making the letters.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this idea! I have so much scrap fabric...I am thinking of lots of ideas for this. Hmmm....

beth said...

Wow! Looks like a winner! Wish my dreams were as inspiring! I'm usually running away from something or trying to get somewhere ON TIME in my dreams. :0

Rachel Slote-Brown said...

Your letters look great.
I was also inspired by Elizabeth's quilt and am trying to finish mine this month.
Good luck.

Suzanne said...

Quilts made for people are extra special warm hugs.

Nishta said...

it's lovely--the letters are so fun & bright!