27 September, 2011

New Projects

Okay, I know I said I was on a finishing kick, but I couldn't help pulling some fabric for new projects.

These are both favourite colour combos of late. It's no surprise that both orange and turquoise are in these piles. Shockingly, they are not placed together!


This pile is for an overdue baby quilt. I've finally got the design together, after a lot of ideas. Feeling the pressure on this one for some reason. Maybe because it is for an already much loved baby? Or very stylish parents?


The orange and beige is for a just for fun quilt. Have you heard of the Modern Blocks book yet? Well, I've got a couple of blocks in there and this pile will be used to create a full quilt from one of those designs. I plan to share the pattern for this when the book comes out, or not so shortly thereafter...

9 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

You have an enviable selection of grays - can't wait to see how that quilt turns out! And yes, I totally understand the pressure of a quilt for an already-loved baby. :)

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Looking forward tO seeing more. Trying to make a baby quilt for my stylish and artistic sister in law. Haven't gotten past the fabric pull...

Allison said...

both stacks look great, but I esecially love the second one. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it :)

Suzanne said...

I predict smiles will be abundant when those quilts are done.

Esch House Quilts said...

Love both those stacks! I recently finished a grey with turquoisy quilt, but it is paler than your fabrics.

I know the stylish parents will love your style!

Unknown said...

I have 2 piles going in my craft room as well. #1- fabric to start cutting to someday make my 3 boys matching quilts for their bed. #2 Holiday fabric to make quilted throw pillow for the holidays. We'll see what actually happens with those piles in the near future ;)

Leslie said...

these color piles are so pretty!!

Amanda Jean said...

you have a great eye for color, my friend. those fabric pulls make me giddy. can't wait to see what they become!

Andrea said...

love the orange and beige. reminds me of something..I can't put my finger on it yet.