25 August, 2011

A Fund for Jennie

A few weeks back an on-line colleague lost her husband, suddenly. Jennie Perillo and her young girls are now struggling to define a new life without husband and dad. Like me, Jennie is a food writer. Like me, she has two young girls. Like me, she shared a passionate life with her husband.


Right now a new not-for profit, Bloggers Without Borders, is raising funds for Jennie and her family. Food writing, let's be honest, isn't a lucrative job. But it is infinitely rewarding, on a daily basis. The goal of the fundraiser is to hopefully provide some security for Jennie and the girls as they move forward into a new normal.

Bloggers the world over are holding fundraising auctions and drives for donations to A Fund for Jennie. You can donate directly by clicking through.
This is my contribution.

A custom, one-of-a-kind modern quilt. It can be anywhere in size from a crib quilt to a generous lap size (roughly 60'' by 80'' or 70'' by 70''). I will work with you on a colour scheme or inspiration. The majority of it will be completed by machine, but I always hand finish my quilts.

You can submit your bid in the comments, then we'll make arrangements to make the donation through Bloggers Without Borders for the successful bidder. I've already got a quilt on the go for Jennie and her girls, but I want to share the love a bit more.

Bidding opens at $500 (US or Canadian, it's pretty close these days). Auction is open until noon MST September 2, 2011.

Thank-you, the auction is over.

7 comments:

Maggy@ThreeManyCooks said...

I bid $500!

Roving Lemon said...

I bid $550!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

How very generous of you! I've read about Jennie via your mention & that of Shauna (GF Girl). Wondering if anyone has referred Jennie to the Liz Logelin Foundation? Matt Logelin's (from Minneapolis) wife died just 24 hours after their child was born and he has established a foundation to assist the newly widowed. Best wishes.

stock trading. said...

You are right, what was I thinking.
Great job and a good theme. And thanks for the mention.
Thanks for the kind words and the plug. Much appreciated.

Marilyn McMillan said...

I bid 600.00.

Julie said...

Wow, what a great idea! GO girl!

Roving Lemon said...

Yes, I do want it! $650!