12 January, 2008

My Attempt at Crafty











My brother's kids have so much stuff. When it came time to planning for Christmas Hubby and I decided we didn't want to get them more brand-name toys. Seriously, they have more toys that the Monster's daycare - all the rooms combined! After some brainstorming we came up with the grand idea of a puppet theatre. It morphed a couple of times, from painted panels to chalkboard paint to our final decision of baltic birch plywood. Hubby made the theatre part and I made the puppets. I must admit, I don't think he enjoyed making his part - at least when it came to the finishing. I, however, loved making the puppets. More puppets are definitely in my future.


The theatre is in three panels and folds to a thickness of a few inches, perfect for sliding under a bed or couch for storage.

I also got a box from Ikea, lined it with the same fabric as the curtains, and included it as safe storage for all the puppets.

These puppets are fun, but I am looking forward to all the plays we get to see, with every creature and doll the kids had. If only I had a picture of the look on our 5 year old nephews face when he realized he could use his new dinosaur in the theatre!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Seriously, best gift ever. Wish my kids had an auntie like you!