04 June, 2015

Flood Texas With Love


Well, we know too well the power of water. But thankfully we also know the power of quilters and community.

Texas has been hit hard with flooding recently. I was contacted by Sara and Karri about using the Just One Slab concept for their own efforts to make quilts for people affected by Texas flooding. Of course I said yes! So now they, themselves, are accepting donations of Just One Slab to help Flood Texas With Love.

All the details of the donations are here, on Sara's blog. If you can swing Just One Slab, or a donation to help out then all the details are there.

It doesn't take long to make a slab. And trust me, they add up! Beautiful quilts, comfort of strangers. It is all worth an hour of your time to make and mail a slab. Each slab should be squared up to 15.5'' x 15.5''.

From Sara's post...

If you can't make a block(s) you can donate through Paypal to sara_stetson@yahoo.com in any amount.  All money will be used for quilt materials (batting/backings/thread/binding), shipping and long arm services. Any excess money collected will be donated to the Red Cross of Central Texas.  (I am happy to provide documentation if requested to show the donations are used correctly!)

Please email me at sara_stetson@yahoo.com or send me a private message on Instagram @supersara20 when you are ready to ship your blocks and I will send you my mailing address.

No comments: