15 October, 2014

Update on ALL the Quilts Under Construction

Periodically, I must take stock of all the quilts Under Construction. I actually find it quite freeing, not depressing. It's a good exercise for me - what have I been doing, am I still interested in what is here? The last time I did this was 18 months ago, so it was definitely time for a check-in. And yes, the list got bigger.

Check out Sew Mama Sew's Slow Sewing series for my post on embracing all the quilts under construction, no more UFOs versus WIPs!

Quilt Tops Ready for Quilting

1. Cosmos Blocks - I initially thought I donated this for Quilts for Calgary, but it still sits in my closet.
2. Improv Sampler - still sitting there, waiting for it's turn on long arm rental day.
3. Checkerboard from Sunday Morning Quilts - again, nothing to see here...
4. Slaveship Quilt - nope, nothing here either...
5. Old Amy Butler quilt top - still sitting there...
6. The Evil Genius' Triangle Quilt - she wanted it big enough for her bed, but that was when she was getting a single bed. We recently got her a double, so we may have to add to this.
7. A low volume rainbow mini quilt that I've never shared with you.
8. Alturas - waiting for the floors to be cleaned for basting. Much harder with a dog in the house again.
9. Giant Hexagons - waiting for me to decide how to quilt it.
10. One intended for a magazine that I can't share

Quilts Being Quilted

11. Low Volume Circles - I'm plugging away on the hand quilting, slowly. Actually, I don't think I've touched this in 2 years. Maybe this winter?
12. QuiltCon Quilt - based on my work in Denyse Schmidt's Improv Class. Currently in line with Urban Quiltworks for her magic on the long arm.
13. All voile quilt - also at Urban Quiltworks
14. Antonio's Quilt - For some reason I've stalled on the quilting, yet I don't have much more to do.

Blocks and Process

15. Mid Mod Bee - Blocks to be assembled into a top
16. Hand Pieced Diamonds - I think I'm done with these, but I would like to get it into a quilt top.
17. More Cosmic Burst blocks - I have a whole other set of blocks for a baby quilt
18. Name quilt for my daughter - still haven't done anything on this. It might become the back for a new bed quilt for her. Maybe.
19. Chandelier quilt - was so close, then discovered a big mistake and have never fixed it
20. Liberty Circles - These have sat, but I was recently thinking about them. Maybe this winter?
21. Blue and green Christmas Tree quilt - I cut the pieces, then promptly put them away
22. Respite - a project started in a Bill Kerr design workshop
23. Pieced Stars - a BOM I started years ago when I wanted to do some precision piecing breaks when doing a lot of improv
24. The Water Quilt
25. Low Volume Shoeman's Puzzle/Slab blocks
26. A values quilt in neutrals (Class sample, so I keep adding more blocks each time I teach the class)
27. Green/Yellow/Orange Improv blocks (Class sample, so I keep adding more blocks each time I teach the class)
28. Sunday Morning in Solids
29. Edges/Studio Stash Play - I do hope to finish this for a friend. It requires a day or two with no deadlines/kids in the studio
30. One red/purple turquoise quilt intended for magazine publication
31. Sherbet, with more volume for my nephew - need to pull this out for my piecing without thinking as everything is cut and started
32. Beach Grass Take 2 - this would make a perfect bed quilt for the girls and their new beds. And it goes together so quickly...
33. Y2K quilt - slowly, slowly with this one as I piece it as leaders and enders
34. Another leaders and enders project, intended to be like Up, Up, and Away from Sunday Morning Quilts
35. Round and Round blocks - these are addictive and I wish I could make them all day long
36. Snippets on Dates
37. Circle Lattice
38. Leftovers from Modern Paris
39. Orange Circles from Craftsy/Perfect Circles class samples
40. New Cirrus Solids from Cloud 9 Fabrics bundle is being cut now
41. Started some blocks after being so inspired on my trip to Alabama.

Intentions

42. A new quilt for one of my other nephews in yellow, orange, and turquoise


So close...

(43.) Mountain Meadows - Just finishing the hand stitching on the binding here. One side left to do.

Finished

Giant Dresdens
Playground
Modern Paris
Improv Sewing Machines
Oh Canada
One Day
Compose Yourself
Shimmer Table Runner
Indian Pillow
Mid-Century Circle Pillow
Gum on Concrete
Girlie Quilt

If you compare this list with the last one, you can see that some, only some, projects moved around. Some I gave away, some I finished. In looking at this I realize I haven't even posted a few finished quilts! And a few were for publication that I can't share yet.

Most of these were started, and finished in between now and the last update. That might be telling of my process and call to inspiration. Or, of my sewing machine that doesn't want to quilt anymore.

6 comments:

andrea_r said...

Well, you're not alone! My list was like this last year and I've made strict rules to not let myself cut out new ones.

Now if I get the urge to start a new quilt, I just pull the fabrics and toss them and the pattern in a ziploc bag (mega sized) or a plastic bin and set it aside.

When I finish a pending quilt that means I can cut a new one! :D

liniecat said...

LOL Now I understand why the header pic is - like it 9Beautifully) is -
Your an obvious optimist - good on you!
I dare not list my WIPs, UFOs and playthings, nope, not gonna do it !

Karen said...

As a beginner, I can't imagine a list like this!!(And I have no children underfoot and am retired--no excuses!)

KateKwiltz said...

I don't think you have enough going on. Can't you start just a couple new projects????

Blogger said...

Did you know you can shorten your long links with AdFly and earn $$$$ from every click on your short urls.

Anonymous said...

Topic: Recovery scammed Funds / Cryptocurrency / Binary / Forex / Recovery of Stolen Bitcoin

Message

First of all, there is no shame in being the victim of one of these sophisticated and predatory operations. By coming forward you may be able to recover some or all of your lost funds and prevent the scammers from targeting others.

Secondly contact this Genius Recovery Advocate: contact@wizardcharlesgrouphackers.com or wizardcharlesgrouphackers@gmail.com, WhatsApp +31 6 84990027

They have an excellent track record in holding scammers to account including having assets frozen, even where companies have been set up using fake information.

Their approach is based on close collaboration with forensic accountants and other experts, prosecution agencies (both domestic and international) to trace and recover stolen assets.

Don’t let scammers get away with your hard earned money, look for possible ways to recover your stolen funds.

To recover your stolen cryptocurrency and funds, contact: contact@wizardcharlesgrouphackers.com or wizardcharlesgrouphackers@gmail.com, WhatsApp +31 6 84990027

website : https://wizardcharlesgrouphackers.com/.n/

you will never regret what you did