05 June, 2014

Friday Favourites - Scrappy Fabric Rug


It's awesome when friends just get you. They know what you need, when you need it, or anticipate the joy they can give you. After the last few weeks it was so perfect to have this awesome rug arrive in the mail.

Amanda Jean made it for me. She is such a generous person and I'm really quite lucky to consider her a friend. Now, she may have finally got tired of me talking about how much I wanted one of her scrap rugs. Or maybe each of her showers had their own already? I'm going to go with she was just being her awesome self. It was quite a surprising birthday present.


Right now I'm not sure where to put it. I actually just did some spring cleaning and rearranging in my living/dining room. So it sits in the now dining room, hosting an up cycled table. It sits, rather like its own piece of art, in front of the picture window. Seems like a pretty good spot for now. That way I get to see it every day and think of my dear friend.


Now, I am no expert in knitting or crochet. That means I don't know exactly which technique she used to make this one (I think it is crochet?). But she has provided tutorials for both crochet and knitting one of these rugs. What an amazing use of scraps!

5 comments:

Kangastuksia said...

She has knitted the rug. The structure of your rug looks just like in her knitting tutorial. :)

Suzanne said...

You both are so giving and talented. I'm glad you got an AJ original.

Leanne said...

It's a lovely rug, you are lucky to get it.

liz said...

It's wonderful to have tangible reminders of far away friends and family. Great rug. Sweet gesture of friendship.

I'd love to know if you rec'd a lot of fabrics when you mentioned you could use some for your Alturas blocks. I'm hoping you got the two envelops I sent you from California. :)

Oriental Rug Services Jacksonville said...

Really, You have shared authentic ideas about rug cleaning. These are valuable for those who are confused about best tips cleaning. Thanks for sharing Best Rug Cleaning Services