10 February, 2014

Alturas Update


So, I may have mentioned my new addiction before. At the time I said I would make at least nine blocks. Well, I've made nine and I'm already on to the next round. Maybe seven more? Maybe seventy?

It's slow going project, there is no doubt about that. It takes me about an hour and a half to make a block, sometimes 2 hours. It depends on how many interruptions I get from small children asking for food or cuddles, or how engrossing the conversation or movie is on TV. At that rate it is going to take me a very long time to make this a big quilt.

Just like improv quilting, appliqué seems to be so much more about the process than the finished project. Of course it will be gorgeous when it is done. Right now, however, I am just enjoying the process, with no real goal in mind. One block at a time.


5 comments:

Brenda said...

good thing they're addicting because they also look great!

beth said...

Beautiful design!

Leanne said...

The blocks look beautiful. I need to get back to my bits of applique, I keep letting things I would rather do get in the way. Perhaps if I did more applique I would like it better.

Sewing In CT said...

Is this reverse applique? I think I will try it. I understand about the addiction of the "process" because I never thought I would hand sew a quilt, but I am loving basting hexies! Applique will be next!

Cheryl Arkison said...

No, Sewing in CT, it is regular old needle turn appliqué.