17 July, 2013

Pretty Distractions


Just. Couldn't. Resist.

I'm still hand stitching the binding on my king sized beast. It's been too hot to sit under a heavy quilt mot evenings, so the work is going slowly. That did not stop me from playing just a little bit. Some mindless play. All caught up in these ridiculously feminine fabrics and the feel of silk in my hands as I sew. Just random patchwork coming together now that I've finally finished cutting nearly 400 voile triangles.

In my defense, this isn't a new project. I had this one on my initial and updated WIP list. That means I'm making progress on something instead of starting something new.

I think there are samples from nearly every voile line that's come out in the past few years. I started collecting, just because. There is a bit of Anna Maria Horner, Denyse Schmidt, Tula Pink, Valorie Wells, Amy Butler, and Joel Dewberry in here. I do wish there were more geometrics among all the florals, but the texture of the fabric is so ridiculously feminine, so I understand why.

My poor husband. Why? Because this is another planned king sized quilt for our bed...

5 comments:

Patti said...

lol! There's a place in heaven for the husbands of quilters. My husband is currently sleeping under a red, turquoise and pink quilt. A supportive and patient man to be sure! Love your pretty voile fabrics!

madfabriholic said...

I've not yet braved working with voile- is it terribly different to stitch with?

Brenda said...

Thank-You for the 'Sunday Morning Quilts' book!! I was shocked it got here so fast, I was not expecting it to arrive yet and I sat down this afternoon and read it from cover to cover!! I am not kidding - I did! And I love this book!!!!! I will be telling everyone I know about it, I will be showing them and telling them why they need to get it - yes, I AM excited! :-) The trianles quilt, the one near the back, baby size, well, I am thinking this will be the first one I start collecting pieces for!! And while I am working on the collection, I am going to be making a few slabs and uh, yeah, a box to collect my scraps in!! :-) I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!

Thank you Cheryl!! And could you thank Amanda for me too - though I will go and let her know how much I like this book - you both have done such a good job on this - Thank-you for this eye candy, this inspiration and the joy I have had just reading, dreaming and planning today and tonight, since I have come in from the afternoon of reading in the sunshine!!

Now, to go save my trinagles from the scrap bin! They have a new purpose - and it's going to be fun!!!

Blogger said...

Did you know you can create short urls with AdFly and get dollars for every click on your shortened urls.

Blogger said...

QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

Professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone daily.

Follow our trades today & earn up to 270% per day.