19 April, 2013

Friday Favourite - The Family

Seems rather silly, after the week the world is having, to post something about a favourite tool or gadget or pretty thing. I know we all need those things and they are a welcome distraction.

I also know that many of us create in times of stress and distress. We take comfort in our pretty things in progress and made. They give us hugs right back when we embrace their beauty, their imperfections. They are the shoulder when no other shoulder is available for the cry. They are the moments in time where peace - even when there was a struggle to make it - is readily available.

After last week and this one, both ups and downs I am sharing my ultimate  favourite thing today. My family. These 4 people make me smile more than anyone else can, while also infuriating me more than anyone else can. And I wouldn't trade them for the world. So, I'm holding them close.


We are likely to be found under a quilt. Send popcorn and scotch.

5 comments:

felicity said...

I hear that. Take care.

Lisa said...

Very cute and very real. ox

Patti said...

Lovely picture. I'm holding my family close as well.

MariQuilts said...

Wise words, Cheryl.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

So necessary when the world seems to be spinning out of control to take hold of what's closest and most precious. Family, soulmates, sisters-of-other-mothers, cousins a continent away and nuclear family worlds apart philosophically...