11 March, 2011

Upcoming Classes Spring 2011

Interested in some modern quilt classes in the Calgary area? I've got two coming up at, of all places, Traditional Pastimes. It only sounds ironic in name, Bernadette is a great supporter of modern quilting and brings in some of the best new fabrics to hold court next to civil war reproductions.

Want to learn about Values Quilts and perfect your half-square triangle technique? This will be a one night class to get you set. We'll discuss ways to see and use value, make-up a set of blocks, then play with settings.

Thursday, April 14
6:30-9:30 pm


How about Improv? I've made a few adjustments to my Improv class. Not only will we be practicing different techniques for improv blocks, like a wonky log cabin and free piecing, we also tackle the challenges of breaking free from precision cutting and patterns.

Monday, May 2 and May 9
6:30-9:30 pm

To register for either class contact Traditional Pastimes.

6 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Wish I were closer. Ah well, may the classes be full and/of fun !~!

Esch House Quilts said...

They sound like great classes. Good luck!

Allison said...

Love your Improv. quilt, especially the borders - wish I were closer so I could take the class. Oh well :) I hope both your classes fill up for you

Suzanne said...

I wish I could go!

insurance quotes. said...

This post is very nice, I hope both your classes fill up for you.Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've got one all basted and laid out. Can't decide how to quilt it.