Wow, such great responses to the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway! You are a committed bunch. Even for those of you with a great desire for my scraps you have to remember that in itself is a commitment. Those two, frenetic beauties are my reasons to commit to the future.
Some of the highlights of your commitments out there:
- Eating less meat and growing your own veggies (Did you know that meat and rice production, worldwide, is one of the most significant sources of greenhouse gases?)
- Choosing to be one-car or car-less.
- Turning down the heat and using those quilts and handknits.
- Choosing when to cook and bake to take advantage or avoid the extra kitchen heat (I totally do this!)
- Actually using washable sanitary napkins or the reusable caps (wow, that's commitment!)
And number 2, After having to clean out sort, and move all our belongings at least 3 times in the last few months I am getting really sick of our stuff. Every time a few more boxes go to Goodwill, recycling, or garbage. I am at the point where if anybody buys me anything this Christmas I will lose it. I just don't need anything. I need some quilt batts and time, lots of time. But that's it. Someone tell my husband.
Okay, time to stop the rant and get to the news you really want: who won? Using random.org I picked two numbers.
Meg wins the quilt. She uses t-shirts and upcycles them into her love's clothes. That's a lucky baby!
Elizabeth wins the selvages. Check out her site, I think she'll make good use of them. And I may have to rethink my new more stuff attitude. Did you see her aprons?
I've sent emails off the winners, washed my hands of the basement dust from tonight, and will indulge in a hot bath before bed. It warms me up before I turn in and the thermostat goes down for the night!
Thanks again. I hope to see you all back soon.