01 November, 2009

Costumes

Have I mentioned before that I am not that big a fan of Halloween?  It isn't about the sugar or the mayhem.  Personally, I've never enjoyed dressing up.  As a kid I went for the laziest costume ever more years.  My favourite was "Fat Jogger". Inevitably there would be snow for Halloween so I would wear my snow suit with a pair of my Dad's sweats on top. No make-up, no mask, no wig. My kind of Halloween.

This year, however, The Monster was ALL about Halloween.  She changed the words to 'Happy Birthday' to be 'Happy Spook Night All Trick or Treaters!' (Try it, it works.) And we had to count down to trick or treating.  Thankfully she had a good long nap and felt well enough.  Both girls have been sick this week so we were worried we wouldn't get out. I had their costumes together.  I can't decided if I'm awesome for putting them together or if my laziness towards Halloween shows?  No answer required.

Go out we did and my little Pink Unicorn and Leprechaun were in fine form tearing around the neighbourhood. And the costumes?  Well, we thought they looked damn cute.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute costumes! And I like the cauldron too..

Tonya said...

They do look damn cute! I have the same feelings about Halloween, and I have as long as I can remember. But, now I am in the same boat as you, we are going to have to suck it up and pretend to be excited for the kids sake. My husband and I decided we are going to buy the candy back from the girls. So they are out this morning at the toy store, in exchange for all but one piece of candy. She really does think it is her birthday.

jacqueline said...

Oh my i adore those costumes!! Your little ones look sooo cute! glad you and your family had a good celebration! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to yoU!

jacquie said...

cute for sure! halloween isn't any fun around here...no kids, no candy. i may have to rent some kids for next year!

Victoria said...

They sure do look damn cute! Great job!

Lisa Mertins illustration said...

cutes! i'm with you on the "holiday." for me i guess i'm just petulant i can't pull off the once-a-year-dress-like-a-s**t thing anymore. heeheehee!