07 July, 2009

Lazy Days

Yes, I know I've shown this quilt a few times already. But this picture exemplifies our lives these days. The mess, the exhaustion, the unshowered...

I was out of town for a few days last week for work. While away I got the call that my great uncle had passed away. He really was like a second father to my mom and a grandfather (in addition to his own 24 grandchildren!) to us. While I hadn't seen him much as an adult I wanted to be there to say goodbye. So we packed up and headed to Saskatoon and area for a few days. We hung out with the almost never seen giant Ukrainian family, showed Hubby and the girls the farm where Baba grew up, and said our goodbyes.

After 20 hours (total) in the car for two road trips, a holiday, the discovery that our sweet Maple (a.k.a Damn Brown Dog) is incontinent in the poop department, and continued potty training for The Monster we were ourselves literally pooped. While everyone else in the house slept on Sunday morning I busied myself with laundry and a bit of tidying. That's all I could muster.

Somewhere in there I did get a bit of sewing done. Unfortunately, the weather isn't cooperating for me to actually take a picture of anything. The Grass quilt top is done. Oh, and the fence is so close to being done. I can now use a section of it to act as my design wall - once it stops raining.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

excellent excellent picture...
i love it.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing - glad you went to say goodbye. Your picture says it all - I'll be hoping for clear skies for you!

brown robin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I can really relate to the exhaustion today. Maybe the tides are shifting. I shouldn't say this to you, but today I wanted to work full-time again, and leave the kids with a nanny. What is wrong with me, anyway?! Is the grass always greener on the other side of the fence? almost finished fence + grass quilt = happy? Oh... I really am losing it.

brown robin said...

PS. I just love his old red barn... blessings to you and your family for your loss.

elle said...

Sorry to hear about your great uncle. Hope you all agree that the grass is greener inside your new fence!

ilovebabyquilts said...

so cute. I love laying around in quilts.

Hey, come check out my blog today, i'm having a giveaway contest!

Amanda Jean said...

hang in there....things should get better...and the fence will be great for quilt photos. (i'm single minded, for sure.)

Andrea said...

Sorry about your loss... It's never easy. I can so understand the craziness around the event as well. I love your photo - it really hits home and is so real, the papers scattered, the naps, the dog rolled up behind the scenes....