06 May, 2009

Surprisingly Productive

Gee, with Hubby away I am managing to get a lot of things done.  And the girls are even napping at the same time in the afternoon.  Today I actually found myself twiddling my thumbs. Okay, I was on-line with no purpose.  It's the modern day version of twiddling your thumbs.

In just 24 hours I managed to get the quilting done on the Key Lime Pie quilt and get the binding attached.  Even I'm impressed with myself.  Of course my floors are covered in dog hair and I haven't emptied the dishwasher in two days.  If I wasn't blogging during American Idol I would be handstitching that right now (and ignoring the filth).

One last thing to share, I have to tell you that when I ordered fabric the other night I caved on Etsy and ordered from A Stitch in Dye.  Seriously, aren't those the most saturated colours?  I have nothing in mind, we'll see what comes to mind when they arrive.  Now, to stay away from Etsy tonight.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the same deal - I get more done when he's gone! And I'm able to ignore the piles a little longer :) Your quilt looks fun - I want to see more!!

Barb said...

Beautiful - don't you love it when the kids nap at the same time?!? Can't wait to see more of your quilt.

Twisted Quilts said...

I am amazed when I get my two grandkids asleep at the same time. I didn't know they had fabric on Etsy! I have to go look.

ilovebabyquilts said...

I wish I could stay away from etsy! I have a favorites folder that I go over and over like it's my stash. I add to it, look through it, delete things, etc. every day. It's almost like really having the fabric! I guess it's my fantasy football league...of fabric.

Jessica said...

I love that fabric you linked to!

Amanda Jean said...

that quilt is amazing! can't wait to see the rest. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt, love the colors.

It is wonderful when kids nap at the same time.