15 February, 2008

Christmas and Valentine's in One

Valentine's Day is a non-event in our house. Every few years Hubby will surprise me with flowers or a nice dinner. It is truly a surprise as he is quite vocal about his disdain for the Hallmark holiday. He has quite a bit of disdain for a forced pretense of romance. I say that's fine, if you are romantic at other times. Yeah, he isn't all that romantic. But he is a good husband and a wonderful man. I don't need flowers from him to show me that.

I did, however, buy myself a few treats yesterday...


This is my nightstand. These are books I am currently reading, the ones I bought yesterday (standing up), ones in the queue, and the ones I've finished recently. Too much selection. It all depends on the mood I am in. Should I mention the dozen or so that are sitting in the nightstand too? At least if I end up on bed rest again I will have no shortage of books to keep me entertained.


And I went out this morning and spent some of my Christmas gift certificates at the quilt store near me. The Dick and Jane fabric is intended for a bag for the Monster. She is really enjoying the books lately. And she needs a good tote to take her lunch and Hercules, the blanket, to and from daycare. The pile of brights and black and whites is for a baby quilt - for Version 2.0 to arrive in May. I have a fabulous idea and if I start now I might get something done.



Now, to live up to my name and maybe get the binding on a quilt while the Monster sleeps. The house is a mess, the dishes need to be done - nah, I'd rather sip tea and play wit fabric. Or I could sleep too...

3 comments:

* elizabeth * said...

it's funny that you call (him? her?) baby V 2.0. We call our boys the oh-six and oh-seven models.

Samantha said...

Love that pile o' books. I have one shelf in the bedroom bookcase devoted to "pending" reads. I love always having a pile to choose from.

I'm excited to see this B&W project for 2.0!

Emily Cole said...

Great post... our husbands could be brothers! DH think valentines day is just something that hallmark made up so it could make more money! We just do stuff for the kids and that's pretty much it!